Re: How to change DB2 floating point to Oracle floating point????

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 06:56:24 +0100

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 19:32:30 -0500, "DennyD" <dut_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

>I want to move data out of DB2 on MVS to Oracle on AIX. Some of the data is
>floating point. Is there any tool around to convert the FP from DB2 to
>Oracle???? Thanks...

dump the DB2 data to a textfile (doesn't matter whether it is EBCDIC or not).
The Oracle Text file loader SQL*Loader will take care of this automagically, provided the NLS_LANG environment variable in your session has been set correctly.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 03 2002 - 06:56:24 CET

Original text of this message