Re: INTERNAL, SYS, SYSTEM system users

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: 26 Dec 2001 02:12:54 -0800

"Stjepan Brbot" <Stjepan.Brbot_at_ZG.HiNet.HR> wrote in message news:<a0bv5c$8tg3$2_at_as201.hinet.hr>...
> INTERNAL, SYS and SYSTEM: for me the meaning and difference among these
> three system users is a bit foggy and I will appreciate any efforts in
> explanation or link to site where's that birefly explained.

Internal : Used for database Creation.. No actual User and when connected uses the sys Schema. Deperecated from version 9i Onwards... Supported in 8i for Backward Comp.

Sys : The Actual User Who Owns the Data Dictionary tables. He is THE man in the Oracle database. He is also the user who is entered into the pwd file when u create
the same.

System : The Administrative user who can do a lot of administrative Tasks. Mainly used for Administration.

HTH Regards,
Ganesh R Received on Wed Dec 26 2001 - 11:12:54 CET

Original text of this message