Re: SQL Loader problem

From: Greg Kainz <gregkainz_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 21:38:24 GMT

[Quoted] "Joe Moore" <japlha_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:miMV7.5443$sg.980203_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> I have been trying to load data from text files into my oracle database.
> I created the data files on Windows 2000 and transferred them to my Linux
> box. The data file are in text format using comma's for the column
> delimeters.
> When I run the sqlldr command I get this error message for each row:
> Record 1: Rejected - Error on table EMP, column DEPTNO,
> ORA-01722: invalid number
> Record 2: Rejected - Error on table EMP, column DEPTNO,
> ORA-01722: invalid number
> Record 3: Rejected - Error on table EMP, column DEPTNO,
> ORA-01722: invalid number
> Any ideas why this is happening?
>
> Thanks

Lots of ideas; none very helpful unless maybe you post your control file, a snippet of data and maybe the table descriptions... then maybe we can provide a little more focused help...sorry if this sounds snippy - not my intention.
Merry Christmas
Greg Kainz Received on Mon Dec 24 2001 - 22:38:24 CET

Original text of this message