Replacement for Oracle Databrowser 2.0 - suggestions

From: Henk Hultink <hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:04:18 +0100

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of upgrading our customers's databases to Oracle 8.1.7 (from 7.3.4).
Up until now, some of them are using Oracle Databrowser 2.0 for ad-hoc queries. But it does not work very well with Oracle 8.1.7. Lots of error-messages, for example "out of memory" with every table that you include.
Oracle Discoverer is not a good alternative for most of these users: too complex. What we need is a simple (and cheap :-) tool for querying databases without much SQL-knowledge.
Or maybe suggestions which make Oracle Databrowser 2.0 'communicate' better with Oracle 8.1.7.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

TIA

--
H. Hultink
Software Engineer