Oracle Terminal

From: Guy <guycorbett_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2001 03:06:01 -0800

I want to use a KEY-Enter trigger in a form using windows 98. I believe that the reason it does not work is that I have to first set up the FRMUSW.RES to recognise the enter key. I followed the instructions which I found at
http://dco-proxima.dco.pima.edu/oracle/bb/c0008/bb00166.htm (excerpt copied below) but when I try to generate the res file I get an illegal operation message(OT2332 caused an invalid page fault in module REM23W32.DLL at 0177:0069ad15) and Terminal cancels. Reopening the file the changes have been saved but a further attempt to generate has the same effect.
The current application uses Forms 4.5 so I was using OT2332.exe and assumed it was a bug in the old version which could wait. However I am now in the process of upgrading to forms 6I and find I get the same problem with OT60.exe (OT60 caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0177:67af11c5) on the default ORAWIN\FORMS60\FMRUSW.RES.  If I remove the binding I can generate the file succesfully.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Guy

Here is an example of how to define the "Enter" action in Oracle Forms Runtime,
and bind it to the Return key:

  1. Close any Oracle Forms tools (Designer, Generate, Runtime) that you might have running, so you can modify their resource file without getting any "file already open" errors.
  2. You'll be editing ORAWIN\FORMS45\FMRUSW.RES, so make a backup copy of it for safekeeping.
  3. Run Oracle Terminal, and open FMRUSW.RES.
  4. Go into the key binding editor, and click on the "Product Actions" button. This brings up the Product Actions Editor, which looks a lot like the Key Bindings Editor.
  5. Double-click on the circle above the word "runform". This brings you to the Product Action definition screen.
  6. Insert a new row by clicking on the "Insert Row" button.
  7. Put the word "Enter" in the Action column, and put 75 in the Code column. Code 75 represents the "Enter" action; see the list below for other action codes.
  8. Click "OK" to dismiss the Product Action dialog, then click "OK" in the Product Action Editor to dismiss it too.

Now you have made that action available for the level you're editing. All
that remains is to bind a key to it, to make it useful. Here's a summary of
the instructions given above for how to add a key binding:

  1. In the Key Binding Editor, double-click on the "runform" circle.
  2. Press the "Insert Row" button, and define a new binding with action
    "Enter" and binding "Return" (which represents the Return and
    Enter keys on your keyboard). Click "OK" to close the Key Binding Definition window.
  3. Make sure that the "Return" key is not bound at any other level below
    "runform" by checking the Key Binding Definition entries for all
    circles connected to "runform" to the right of it.
  4. Press the "OK" button to dismiss the Key Binding Editor, and generate the new key bindings by clicking on the Generate icon in the FMRUSW.RES window. Save your new bindings by selecting "Save" from the File menu.