Re: Pentium 4 vs. Oracle 8i Tools

From: Barbados Inland Revenue <irdbar_at_sunbeach.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:50:57 -0800

Installation on a M$ Windows 2000 Professional machine.

The Oracle Enterprise Manager installation just stops, no errors reported, but investigation showed that the installation fails after the jrew.exe process starts then quits.

The Net8 connection assistant quits with an error in "jrew.exe" when run.

Yes, I am following the installation instructions; the same instructions that work on Pentium 3, and Pentium 2 machines.