Passing input parameter > 4000 characters

From: gunjeet singh <gunjeet.singh_at_eng.sun.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:00:00 -0800

[Quoted] Hi All,

[Quoted] I have a stored procedure that takes a set of comma separated record ids as input.
The procedure accepts a varchar2 as input parameter. We have now found out that the id list can exceed 4000 characters. How do I pass this parameter from Java to pl/sql
procedure ?

Inside the procedure, I need to parse this comma separated list of values and
populate a global temporary table. The final query is executed against the ids stored in this global temporary table.

How can this be done ? CLOB datatype ? Any examples ?

Thanks,

Gunjeet Received on Fri Dec 14 2001 - 23:00:00 CET

Original text of this message