Disable Right and Left Arrow Keys temporarily

From: Kendell <kendell.churchwell_at_thirddaysolutions.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2001 08:00:12 -0800

Hi -

[Quoted]   I have a form that is difficult to maneuver due to the fact that the first column is a list-box item. When the form loads, the listbox on the first row is defaulted for selection. Then, if someone hits the arrow right or arrow left to maneuver to the next column/item, the list box will pop up and scroll down to the next item in the item list.
  Also, even when I select the item text with the mouse, not clicking on the down-arrow icon to the right of the text, the list box pops up.  Again, if the user hits the right-arrow or left arrow key, they inadvertently change the item selected.
  What I want is for the only time the list box to pop up is when the user clicks on the down-arrow icon to the left of the item txt. Or, if they've selected the item text, and they've hit the up or down arrows.
  This functionality is causing users to inadvertently update these items.

  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! Received on Thu Dec 13 2001 - 17:00:12 CET

Original text of this message