Re: Migration

From: Thomas Jegen <thomas.jegen_at_siemens.ch>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:59:07 +0100

Hi

For the database you have two possibilities:

  1. If it is not too big you can use Export/Import to transfer the data (Export in 7.3.3 and import in 8.1.7)
  2. Use the migration tool which comes with Oracle 8.1.7, AFAIK it should be possible to migrate directly from 7.3 to 8.1.7.

For the Forms-Applikation I am afraid, that there is now easy solution to migrate as the character bases Froms 3 has a very difficould approach than a graphical GUI. Some years ago I had to migrate a Forms 3 application to Forms 4.5. We did use a 3rd party migration product from an Indian Company called Kumaran.

Thomas

"Stéphane Koziolek" wrote:

> Do you have a simple solution to migrate an application using Forms 3 /
> Oracle 7.3.3 to a new application using Web / Oracle 8.1.7 ????
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Stéphane Koziolek.
> Koziolek_at_actoll.com

Siemens Switzerland Ltd, Software House, ES41
Thomas Jegen
Albisriederstrasse 245, CH-8047 Zürich
Phone +41 585 583 438, Fax +41 585 545 340
mailto:thomas.jegen_at_siemens.com, Internet: http://www.siemens.ch/