Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Scott Imlach <Imlachws_at_resdat.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:12:02 -0900

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have need to migrate an export from a 7.3 database to an 8i database. [Quoted] From what I have been able to discern, the data import/export utility is now [Quoted] buried in the OEM so I went through the exercise of setting up the OEM [Quoted] environment choosing the defaults along the way.

I now have the console up and running but the data export/import utility is [Quoted] nowhere to be found. The only administrative tools I have are the Security [Quoted] Manager, Schema Manager, Storage Manager, Instance Manager, and SQL Worksheet.

[Quoted] I am working in a Windows 2000 environment. OEM is version 2.0.4.0.0. Database is 8.1.5.0.0

The Enterprise Manager Server is evidently another security layer that enables DBA's to have a single OEM login mapped to specific logins of various databases throughout the enterprise.

The OEM account I am using is the standard SYSMAN account and it is mapped [Quoted] to a user on my 8i database with CONNECT, RESOURCE, and DBA role. I have [Quoted] also assigned SYSDBA system priviledge to the 8i account as a straw grasping measure.

[Quoted] So, where is the Import/Export Utility/Wizard? Any help would be appreciated,

Scott Received on Wed Dec 12 2001 - 03:12:02 CET

Original text of this message