Major Upgrade Help 7.3.4 -> 9i and Forms 4.5 -> Java

From: Cheryl Younger <cherylyounger_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:01:19 +0000 (UTC)

I need to know what would be the best or most efficient way to upgrade. I have a 7.3.4 system with Forms 4.5 applications. I need to upgrade my database and also my forms. The forms will be upgrade from 4.5 to Java using WebLogic (already in house) chunks at a time. Our initial thoughts were to implement a Datawarehouse, with the Oracle 7.3.4 Database and an Oracle 9i Database both utilizing the Datawarehouse for Remote Data Hosting. The Database engines on the 7.3.4 and 9i sides would only be utilized for RTL. This would (ideally) allow our legacy app to run in parallel to the new deploymnet (which will most likely be performed incrementally). We would also like to upgrade straight to 9i if all possible.

Thanks in advance!!!!

--
Posted from belvoir-sun2.iern.disa.mil [198.26.119.86]