Re: migration emergency !

From: Patrick <buckeye234_at_excite.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2001 12:32:35 -0800

"Laurent Boutet" <laurent.boutet1_at_libertysurf.fr> wrote in message news:<9v4m1e$q47$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr>...
> why Oracle migration tool does not solve this problem itself ??
> Indeed, I had to set the value to 0 manually to migrate successfully...

job_queue_processes is not a dynamically configurable parameter. You must change the init.ora file and then bounce the database. To do the migration, the database must be up and running under the 'old' Oracle version and then the 'new' version takes over. If I'm not mistaken, it shutdowns the database and restarts with the new binaries. For the migration tool to make the init.ora changes it would have to know where the init.ora file is, modify it and then restart the database using the 'old' version.

It is unrealistic to think that a tool as powerful and flexible as Oracle could be a turn it on and forget about it type of thing. The migration instructions are fairly short and are generally clear on what steps need to be taken before the migration can begin.

HTH,
Patrick Received on Tue Dec 11 2001 - 21:32:35 CET

Original text of this message