What on XP - newbie...

From: Gemino <gemino_at_interia.pl>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:40:23 +0100

Hi all,
I using WinXP Pro. I have installed 9i recently. I wonder what combo of Oracle apps I can use with it. I followed this routine:
- installed Developer 6i (got some error messages during installation)
  • installed Designer 6i (no problems during install process)
  • installed 9i server (no problems at all).

I've heard that Dev tools and RDBMS must be installed in different directories/homes. I did so. However I feel that smthg is wrong with this installation.

Did You have success with oracle 9i, dev 6i and des 6i on WinXP? If not - what is optimal configuration of oracle tools on XP, if any :-) Thanx in advance, Received on Tue Dec 11 2001 - 09:40:23 CET

Original text of this message