Re: Looking for a Procedure to Delete Archive Logs

From: Franz Zahaurek <fzk_at_gams.at>
Date: 09 Dec 2001 19:35:50 +0100

douglas.fleming_at_fiserv.com (Doug Fleming) writes:

> I am looking for a procedure to delete archive logs automatically
> for Oracle 8I.

Sounds to me like you don't use them at all. If so, you could disable archiving with: alter database noarchivelog.

Deleting archived logs only makes sense after backup of the files. You can use recovery manager (rman) to do that. See documentation for rman statement: backup archivelog all delete input.

Bye,
Franz

--
Franz Zahaurek                          fzk_at_gams.at
Vienna, Austria, Europe                 http://www.fzk.at