column names in sqlplus output

From: Sameer <sameergn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2001 18:18:19 -0800

Hi,

  I am trying to execute a query in a shell script   using sqlplus. I don't know the query (It can be   anything), so column names are not known. So, Is   it possible to change the heading of every   column so that the column name is not truncated   in the output if the data width is smaller than   column name.

  I tried "column * format a(30)". The command is   accepted without error, but does not work as   intended.

  Basically, I would like to see full column   names in the output of select statement.

Thanks,
Sameer. Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 03:18:19 CET

Original text of this message