What are the typical traps in Windows 2000 and Oracle?

From: P <tortcam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2001 03:23:23 -0800

Hello,

 I have been looking for information about which traps to send if you are having an application running in Windows 2000 but I havenīt found anything so far.

 I have an application in a Windows 2000 platform  and I need to monitor the operating system as well, but I donīt know what
 are the typical traps I should be sending, such as disk space, memory usage,
 etc. I know that you can get some values from the counters in the registry (any other idea???) and my idea is to create a dll that checks these values and asks the snmp agent to send a trap when necessary (comparing to a treshold, etc.). Also, what are the traps that the agent already sends? only the general ones?

 ...I need to do the same with an Oracle database, does anybody know which typical traps are sent there and if they have to be created (enterprise specific) as well?

 Any help would be VERY appreciated

 Paloma Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 12:23:23 CET

Original text of this message