Re: Forms 4.5 and group by queries

From: KandoCoder <yewneek_at_iwon.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 00:47:32 GMT

Well, I'm not quite sure - but that hasn't stopped me before... (I don't have the books here...)

I've done some column overlays like this for fun non table item querys. database block with col1 and col2 for query mode. control block with col1, col2 and col3 for view mode. note that col1 and col2 of both blocks have the exact same properties, including x/y coordinates.
with the right trigger placement - what happens is when you KEY-ENTQRY(?) you are in the db block and it's displayed to enter values for the query. Upon KEY-EXQRY(?) you actually do a

    set control block cols to values in db block.     set control block sum column to sum of your query you execute in the trigger.

This seems pretty reasonable to do with the right trigger placement...

[stealth sig]