Re: Problems installing Oracle Forms 4.5 and 5.0 on NT

From: Angus Gother <angus_gother_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 03:19:17 -0800

oweishaar_at_phelpsdodge.com (Oliver Weishaar) wrote in message news:<3fac8d9.0111261421.fe642f2_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am trying to install Oracle Forms (Developer/2000) on an NT 4.0
> client. I need to run both versions 4.5 and 5.0. If I install them
> separately they work fine. But if I install 4.5 and then 5.0, the 5.0
> installation exits without errors while writing files into the
> oracle\bin directory. I am using the the Win95/NT disks supplied by
> Oracle. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank
> you. Oliver.

It looks like you're using the version of Oracle Installer that comes with the tools. There's a Y2K related bug in all versions of Oracle Installer prior to version 3.3.1.2.4. You can download this version from the Oracle website. I'm afraid I don't know what the URL is. Download and install Oracle Installer 3.3.1.2.4, and then use this to install the tools. You'll just need to point the installer to the location of files on disk.
Hope this helps!

Angus Gother. Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 12:19:17 CET

Original text of this message