Client connection to Server behind Firewall

From: Alex So <alexso_at_mail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:06:06 +0800

[Quoted] Hi, all.

I have a question regarding Oracle client connection to Oracle Server behind [Quoted] firewall. The senario is deppicted as followed.

1521                                         1521                     ????
[S]-----------------[Switch]-----------------[Firewall]---------------[C]
Oracle                                       CkeckPoint               Oracle
Server                                                                Client

[Quoted] Oracle Listener is using port 1521. Oracle client (SQL*Net/Net8) connects to [Quoted] the server via a random port. With the above configuration, no clients are able to connect because the firewall has port 1521 opened only. I have heard that

[Quoted] (i) Configuration can be done on the firewall to allow SQL*Net version 1 or
[Quoted] version 2 to operate. However, it seems that no configuration for such is available on the firewall hardware.

(ii) Oracle Connection Manager can be set up in between the firewall and the
[Quoted] clients, such that client connection is made between the Connection Manager [Quoted] and the Oracle Client via any random port. And, connection between connection manager and Oracle server is made via port 1521. Unfortunately, the I am not able to locate Oracle Connection Manager in the Oracle Product [Quoted] CD. Any hint?

Can someone give me some hints with (i) and (ii)?

Thanks and regards,

Alex Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 11:06:06 CET

Original text of this message