Re: loading Designer 60 on Tru64 Cluster running Oracle EE 9i R9.0.1 with RAC

From: Lionel Mandrake <nobody_at_nospam.nowhere.nohow>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 04:22:42 GMT

[Quoted] "Chris Boyle" <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com> wrote in message news:9u5mc2$5tt9$1_at_news3.infoave.net...
> I have been asked to find out if anyone has loaded Designer 60 on Tru64
> Cluster running Oracle EE 9i R9.0.1 with RAC. Is it possible? If so,
what
> are we going to encounter that won't be mentioned in the documentation?
The
> installation of the RDBMS in this configuration was not covered as
> thoroughly as it might have been so we are a bit leery. If not 6, what
> about 6i? We are in the midst of a large project and did not want to
> migrate before we had a chance to thoroughly test 6i (even though 6.0
> support stops at the end of the year). I have read a lot of horror
stories
> about the migration and we hope to avoid it until the project is in
> production next year

Are you sure you don't mean "Developer" instead of "Designer"? AFAIK, the Designer binaries are only available on Wintel, and it is not certified with [Quoted] 9i. (The Oracle certification matrix on MetaLink only lists Wintel platforms for Designer.) You can't create a Designer repository in a 9i database correctly - there are mis-matches between package specs and package [Quoted] body specs for example...

-LM Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 05:22:42 CET

Original text of this message