Re: Help with Oracle8i PE and Designer6i connection

From: Matej <matej_at_login.hr>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:44:23 +0100

You must run Oracle Net8 Easy Config to add new TNS connection. First, choose Add New Service and type New service name. Because, you have Oracle8i PE, network protocol should be Bequeath (Local Database) and after entering the protocol you must supply database SID. At the end, you can test new service name (database must be up). That's should be enough.
When you start Designer, in the connect string put service name that you just add.

Sorry for bad english.
Bye !