Reports 6i: producing HTML output

From: Noah Arc <bowed_zombie_drone_at_spam.begone.zombie.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:13:01 -0000

Hello,

I'm trying to write a Reports 6i report which produces a HTML table as output, but am not really getting anywhere as I'm unsure how much "HTML-isation" reports adds to the output.

I'm stuck because I don't know how to specify each row of data. Does this need to be defined as 1 big row in the SELECT statement, like this:

SELECT '<td>Val 1</td>'||
'<td>Val 2</td>'||
'<td>Val 3</td>'||

... and use 1 field to display all the data, or should I define the columns separately, like this?

SELECT '<td>Val 1</td>' val1
, '<td>Val 2</td>' val2
, '<td>Val 3</td>' val3

Also, I've noticed that Reports hard-codes widths to each of the columns, but I don't want this as it's a big table which I know is going to be wider than the screen - and that doesn't matter.

The Online Help wasn't really much use - there are no useful examples that I could find.

Thanks,

--
Noah Arc
Remove ".spam.begone"