tool for sampling data from a DB ?

From: (wrong string) çois-Xavier de MONTGOLFIER <fdemontg_at_capgemini.fr>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:40:34 +0100

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool which would allow me to extract samples from a huge DB, and create a small DB, for developping/debugging purposes, from that sample.

I'm using ORACLE V7.3.4 on several platforms (NT and several unixes), so this tool would ideally be bundled as (a) PL/SQL package(s).

I would like to be able to tell the tool the percentage of the DB I want to fetch, and the constraints which have to be satisfied... (for instance, I want to fetch 10% of the products which cost less than 10$).

Does anybody know of something akin to that tool ?

Thanks in advance,

FiX Received on Fri Nov 23 2001 - 11:40:34 CET

Original text of this message