Re: Your comments on AA's PL/SQL Developer

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:14:43 GMT

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:30:48 +0000, Andy Hardy <newsmar01_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <3bfba3fb.167300078_at_news.alt.net>, Brian Tkatch
><SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK> writes
>
>>>3. The Objects browser sometimes incorrectly displays objects as being
>>>invalid.
>
>>Well, I like it. I haven't quite hit most of your points, but I've
>>seen #3 a lot.
>>
>>I find it to be an excellent help in getting what I need done. As for
>>the bugs, email them. They may just fix them.
>
>Yes, I emailed them with the above list and they were very helpful.
>Their thoughts on no.3 were that the IDE keeps track of what it thinks
>is invalid (presumably by having a look at start up and then seeing how
>compiles go?) and it won't see changes made by outside forces i.e.
>compilations occurring outside of the IDE.
>
>Andy
>--
>Andy Hardy. PGP ID: 0xA62A4849

Acutally, I was thinking about it. Doesn't TOAD do the same thing?

Don't forget, any changes to a referenced table will invalidate the object, and it is recompiled on its next use. So it may actually be correct.

To find out for sure, go to Tools=>Compile Invalid Objects. It first shows a list of all objects marked as invalid.

Brian Received on Thu Nov 22 2001 - 15:14:43 CET

Original text of this message