Re: Beginner Problem - designer

From: Brian Duff <Brian.Duff_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:30:02 -0000

If you have a support contract with Oracle, you can download Oracle Designer 6i Release 4.1 from metalink.oracle.com. Under Patches, search for patch number 2083057. Release 4.1 works against the 9i database, although has not yet been certified against it. It will be retrospectively certified at some point in the future.

Brian

"Howard Gluckman" <howard_gluckman_at_excite.nospam.com> wrote in message news:vh6ivtksdrom2f3jkh7e8tbaeppac4gev0_at_4ax.com...
> Currently, Oracle does not support runnig Designer (I assume you're
> using 6i, but it holds for all versions), on the 9i server. They will
> eventually, but for now you need to be using 8i (8.1.6 or 8.1.7)
>
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:29:52 -0000, "Graeme Barnett"
> <graeme.barnett_at_unn.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> >I have installed Oracle 9i server and client on my Windows NT
 workstation.
> >I can login and connect to my database using various means, however, when
> >try and access Designer, it says I must create a repository first.
> >
> >I created a user in OEM and am trying to create a repository for him.
> >I access repository administrator Utility as the message suggests and
 click
> >'Install'
> >It says I have rights to create public synomns do I want to?
> >yes or no, leads to install an instance form, with drop-down-lists all of
> >which are empty.
> >Normal? I Leave them as empty and click Start, it says it's going to
 install
> >'core' and runs imp.exe but aborts shortly afterwards with the error
 message
> >"The previous process has failed or the user has aborted it", and
 stipulates
> >I check the error files.
> >
> >I've done a search looking for log files and I cannot see any of
 particular
> >relevance.
> >Where are these logs and has anyone had this problem before.
> >Is there certain rights the user has to have?
> >
> >Can anyone help?
> >
> >Graeme
> >

> Howard
> For email, remove "nospam" from address.
> "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
> Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

__
> Posted Via Binaries.net = SPEED+RETENTION+COMPLETION =
http://www.binaries.net Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 16:30:02 CET

Original text of this message