Re: Forms 4.5 & CVS

From: Toby Cole <toby_at_mrlab.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:02:46 -0000

> Oracle Developer 6.0 and 6i have hooks into RCS with a bundled product
> called Project Builder. You can modify the command-line statements to
> work with any command-line driven source code control system (like CVS).
> Using CVS with Forms 4.5 should also work well.

Thanks Matthew, I'll take a look at Project Builder and see how well that could be integrated.

The only other solution I can see at the moment is to convert fmb's to fmt's and use something like wincvs to store the fmt's in a cvs repository.

Using this method however is not ideal. The cvs repository higlights all the changes to the date/time stamps that forms changes as being differences and this creates a lot of noise when trying to view differences between versions. Also I'm unsure if this would be supported by Oracle as the cvs server is effectively making changes to the source fmt's.

Regards,

Toby Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 17:02:46 CET

Original text of this message