Beginner Problem - designer

From: Graeme Barnett <graeme.barnett_at_unn.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:29:52 -0000

[Quoted] I have installed Oracle 9i server and client on my Windows NT workstation. [Quoted] I can login and connect to my database using various means, however, when I [Quoted] try and access Designer, it says I must create a repository first.

I created a user in OEM and am trying to create a repository for him. I access repository administrator Utility as the message suggests and click
'Install'

[Quoted] It says I have rights to create public synomns do I want to? yes or no, leads to install an instance form, with drop-down-lists all of which are empty.
Normal? I Leave them as empty and click Start, it says it's going to install
[Quoted] 'core' and runs imp.exe but aborts shortly afterwards with the error message
[Quoted] "The previous process has failed or the user has aborted it", and stipulates [Quoted] I check the error files.

I've done a search looking for log files and I cannot see any of particular relevance.
[Quoted] Where are these logs and has anyone had this problem before. Is there certain rights the user has to have?

Can anyone help?

Graeme Received on Mon Nov 19 2001 - 12:29:52 CET

Original text of this message