Oracle + Solaris + SYS-UNCONFIG

From: Zeeshan Ahmed <zeeshan701_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:45:06 GMT

Hi All,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I am using Oracle 8 on Solaris 2.6 & 8 and wanted to change the host name and other configuration on the server. Sys-unconfig does a woderful job, its like a mini jump start which changes the IP address everything but it doesnt go down at the application level. I used sys-unconfig command and changed the host name, I had to remount the drives by modifying the "auto_host" file also the "TNSNAMES.ORA" and "TNSLISTNER.ORA" because it was still pointing to the old host name. the server if running fine and the listener is runnning too but other oracle server cannot access/login to this server.
Are there other places where I have to change the host name manually?

Thanks
Zeeshan Received on Sat Nov 17 2001 - 00:45:06 CET

Original text of this message