[imp] getting error ORA-01461

From: Sascha Kiefer <sascha.kiefer_at_pikon.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2001 03:54:28 -0800

Hi,

I have two databases. With exp I exported a user from the first one and I want to create the user in the second one with imp.

So far so good.

There ist one table in the user-scheme with a long-column. When imp trys to import this table I get a Oracle error message ORA-01461: Cant bin a LONG value only for insrt into a LONG column.

What went wrong. The table should be createtd the same way the old one was?

The export db is a 8.1.6 and the import db is a 8.1.7. Can this matter ? Normally it shouldn't.

Thanx in advance

Sascha Received on Tue Nov 13 2001 - 12:54:28 CET

Original text of this message