Re: Reconstructing the Oracle repository

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 22:38:41 +0100

[Quoted] On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:25:48 +0100, "Stjepan Brbot" <Stjepan.Brbot_at_ZG.HiNet.HR> wrote:

>I have one very complicated Oracle 7.3.4 database designed with Oracle
>Designer. Database is provided with application (oracle forms/reports)
>of course, but without Developer repository - of course :(.
>
>How could I reconstruct the Designer repository from existing
>tables/constraints/etc. in database to continue develop additional
>functionality on my own?

This process is called reverse engineer. As Designer changed the exact way to do this in newer versions, and you don't mention your version, I can't provide a more specific answer. Designer _can_ do the job!!!

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Nov 07 2001 - 22:38:41 CET

Original text of this message