Re: How to create a simple form...

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pl>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:47:48 +0100

Uzytkownik "JCR" <jrappa_at_hammer.net> napisal w wiadomosci news:12a73e0d.0111062151.2fdf196a_at_posting.google.com...
> > On 6 Nov 2001 09:40:59 -0800, JRAPPA_at_HAMMER.NET (JCR) wrote:
> >
> > >Hi, just playing around here...is it possible to create a simple form
> > >that has 4 buttons with 4 choices next to it? The data block wizard
> > >asks for a table, and I do not want to use one. I know how to create
> > >the buttons, I just want to hardcode the car models on a form. Thanks
> > >in advance.
> >
> > Don't use the wizard, just create a new block in the object navigator,
> > associate it with a canvas, and use the canvas editor to define your
> > buttons. You'll need a trigger to form the relevant actions when a car
> > is selected.
>
> Thanks... Now for my 2nd problem. I am trying to go to another form
> when I press a button and I keep getting an error: What would be the
> correct syntax to use? I tried the 2 ways below from
> WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED trigger.
>
> go_form('STUDENT_MASTER'); (FRM-40738: Argument 1 to builtin
> GO_FORM cannot be null).

There is no student_master file you should use:

go_form('STUDENT_MASTER.FMX');

make sure there is a student_master.fmx file in same directory.

> go_block('STUDENT_MASTER'); (FRM-40104: No such block:
> STUDENT_MASTER.)
Well, no such a block. Correct, didn't see you created one with such a name.

In future advice you should use help system of your Form Builder to check syntax.
It's easy.

Noel Received on Wed Nov 07 2001 - 11:47:48 CET

Original text of this message