Re: Oracle Matrix Reports Help

From: Richard Senior <richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk>
Date: 7 Nov 2001 00:00:22 GMT

In article <gSgE7.1$5b3.6040_at_news.sjc.globix.net>,

        "jbeals" <jbeals_at_premier-industries.com> writes:
> I have a matrix report in which I have Item Numbers down, and Months across
> (which I've derived from distinct values from the invoice table). My
> question is how do I populate it with zeroes where there is no value? I
> have inserted the nvl command into the SQL, put Value if null = 0 in the
> field properties, but still it doesn't populate unless it has a value. I'm
> guessing that it is because the record value is NOT null, there simply just
> is no record, so the logic doesn't work.

Do you have an aggregate function and GROUP BY in the query? Try bringing the individual values through in the query (ie. remove the aggregate function and GROUP BY) and do the summation/count for the matrix cells in the Summaries tab of the Report Wizard.

--
Regards,

Richard Senior
Mill Dam Consulting Limited, London