Re: SQLPlus Worksheet not working on Client

From: ted almeida <talmeida_at_cityofsacramento.org>
Date: 6 Nov 2001 09:24:54 -0800

talmeida_at_cityofsacramento.org (ted almeida) wrote in message news:<9b5778d6.0110310856.3527687b_at_posting.google.com>...
> We have two Oracle 7.3 databases. One of them we are upgrading to
> Oracle 8.1.7 (we will upgrade the other next spring). I'm trying to
> set up a client machine with SQLPlus Worksheet. Since this machine
> already has tools to work on 7.3 it has a 'Default_Home' of
> C:\Orant\Bin. I had to create another home at C:\8i\Bin for the 8i
> tools.
>
> I've got some of the 8i tools like SQL*Plus, & Net8 Assistant working
> properly, but other tools such as SQLPlus Worksheet and DBA Studio
> start up and then just shut down with no error message. I assume this
> is because I have something configured wrong. I'm pretty sure that I
> have tnsnames.ora and the path set up correctly. Any ideas?

Last week Mr. Rodgers pointed me to the correct solution. The oemapp.bat looks to see what operating system the user is on before launching apps like SQLPlus Worksheet. To do so it looks at the system environment with %OS%. You can type this into your command line and it will return the system environment.

I'm also using Win2K and my system environment is 'WINNT'. However, the oemapp.bat file isn't set up to look for WINNT, but looks for 'Windows_NT' instead. I fixed the problem by changing all the 'Windows_NT' to 'WINNT' in the file. Everything worked perfect after that. Thank you Mr. Rodgers!! Received on Tue Nov 06 2001 - 18:24:54 CET

Original text of this message