Re: Oracle Text and ORA-03113

From: Bruce Miller <bruce.miller_at_jhuapl.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:05:10 -0500

[Quoted] The alert log reads:

Dump file C:\oracle\admin\Document\bdump\documentALRT.LOG Fri Nov 02 09:35:54 2001
ORACLE V9.0.1.1.1 - Production vsnsta=0
vsnsql=10 vsnxtr=3
Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 2, CPU type 586 Fri Nov 02 09:35:54 2001
found dead shared server 'S000', pid = (8, 1)

There is also a very lengthy core dump which seems to indicate an access violation.

There are no other users on the system and pretty much the only thing running is Oracle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

"Ron Reidy" <rereidy_at_indra.com> wrote in message news:3BE1F2A8.E3D8AC6C_at_indra.com...
> Bruce Miller wrote:
> >
> > I have a simple prototype database that I'm trying to create an index
on -
> > it works for small numbers of documents (5), but fails with an
ORA-03113:
> > end-of-file on communication channel on larger numbers of documents
(more
> > than around 20). I need to index more than 17,000, ultimately - some of
them
> > are quite large (20-30MB). The platform is a dual 500Mhz PC with 512MB
of
> > RAM running Win2000 Pro. The database is 9i.
> >
> > The table structure:
> > DROP TABLE SMALL_DOCUMENT;
> > CREATE TABLE SMALL_DOCUMENT
> > (DOCUMENT_ID NUMBER,
> > DOCUMENT BLOB);
> >
> > The create index statement:
> > DROP INDEX SMALL_DOCUMENT_INDEX;
> > CREATE INDEX SMALL_DOCUMENT_INDEX ON SMALL_DOCUMENT(DOCUMENT)
> > INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT;
> >
> > The documents themselves are a mixture of PDF, PPT and DOC.
> >
> > The same error happens whether I connect to the database using
SQLWorksheet,