Re: help w/ Laptop install of Oracle 9i

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:49:42 -0800

[Quoted] What do you use to connect with? I've been using 9i on my lpatop for months (including betas) and I've never had a problem. All I use is simple commands like this:

c:\> sqlplus /nolog
SQL*Plus: Release 9.0.1.0.1 - Production on Thu Nov 1 08:48:07 2001

(c) Copyright 2001 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected.
SQL> connect system/manager
Connected.
SQL> No connect strings needed. My laptop is virtually never on the network (I use a desktop for that).

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"
Currently writing the "Oracle9i New Features for Administrators Exam Cram"

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA