Re: Forms: why does it suddenly start showing the wrong canvas at startup?

From: Michel G. Rainville <michel.rainville_at_staff.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:49:01 GMT

Sorry,

It's a parameter on the runtime listed under "Using Forms Runtime Diagnostics"

e.g.  C:\orahome\BIN\ifrun60.EXE  Module=C:\Forms60\ANYFORM  RECORD=COLLECT  LOG=C:\temp\anytrace.txt

There is  lots of detail in the trace about events and data changes ...

Best of luck,
Mike Rainville

Scott Mattes wrote:
Michel,
Am I missing something obvious to everyone else, or...

I am using Forms 6.0.8.12.1 and I don't see record=collect in the help
anywhere. Nor on Tahiti.oracle.com.

When I put it on the Builder command line I was told ifbld60 doesn't
recognize it. Forms Runtime doesn't complain about that being on the command
line, but it doesn't seem to do anything either. I used Find File to search
for recently created files and nothing showed up.

Thank you.

p.s. We have found that if we replace 'commit;' with 'standard.commit;' that
the problems go away, but wouldn't it be grand if we didn't have to do that?

"Michel G. Rainville" <michel.rainville_at_staff.mcgill.ca> wrote in message
Hi!

In my experience, the following have caused similar symptoms;
use the record=collect runtime parameter to trace the form if
the list doesn't suggest a solution. ( using Forms 6.0.5 )

Good luck,
Mike Rainville

-navigating to a field on the form accidentally with Go_Item

-having an incorrect canvas specified for a window object

-another form using the same window name e.g. STD_WINDOW, or a
duplicate form running with an old bug - sometime two or three similar
forms running
( Windows task list will show you these after Ctrl-Alt-Delete - once -
carefully ;)

-default block, default item (first item in the block) on the canvas
that appears
because it wasn't set in the application properties

-next block, previous block navigation not set or set incorrectly

use the record=collect runtime parameter to trace the form

Scott Mattes wrote:

Forms 6.0.8.12.1
Win98SE
256M RAM, 40% free resources (with outlook express open to do this post).

I can be working just fine, making changes, adding code, running tests.
Then
all of a sudden when I run the form the wrong canvas shows up. It is one
of
the canvas on the form, but not the one specified as the start canvas.
And
it isn't always the same wrong canvas that comes up. To fix this, in
about
99% of the cases, I have to shut the PC down and restart.