SQLPlus Worksheet not working on Client

From: ted almeida <talmeida_at_cityofsacramento.org>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 08:56:34 -0800

We have two Oracle 7.3 databases. One of them we are upgrading to Oracle 8.1.7 (we will upgrade the other next spring). I'm trying to set up a client machine with SQLPlus Worksheet. Since this machine already has tools to work on 7.3 it has a 'Default_Home' of C:\Orant\Bin. I had to create another home at C:\8i\Bin for the 8i tools.

I've got some of the 8i tools like SQL*Plus, & Net8 Assistant working properly, but other tools such as SQLPlus Worksheet and DBA Studio start up and then just shut down with no error message. I assume this is because I have something configured wrong. I'm pretty sure that I have tnsnames.ora and the path set up correctly. Any ideas? Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 17:56:34 CET

Original text of this message