Re: 8i accessing to Enterprise Manager

From: Helaman <zoraster_at_REMOVEprontomail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:25:21 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have somewhat of a similar problem. I have installed Oracle 8i and was able to get into the Enterprise Manager as soon as It was installed. I changed the password from the default. Everything was apparently working fine.

After I rebooted, I can get into everything still except the Enterprise manager. I am using the new password(my first name) so I know that it is right. I get an error "VTK-1000 ....make sure you have the correct host name and status of the Oracle Management Server."

For practice and trying to figure it out, I have uninstalled Oracle and reinsalled in a few times and get the same results every time.

Have looked for reference on the error code and any other help to this problem but can't find anything on it.

Any help would be appreciated....the novelty of reinstalling oracle has worn off.... ;-)

Helaman