Re: what is the fastest way to update a big table (50000rows*20columns)(B

From: Stephan Langer(B <slanger_at_dixi-wc.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:42:04 +0100

Hallo,

[Quoted] your update definitely doesn't use the primary key or any other index (unless you have defined an function index on trim(totid) on cs).

Try someting like
update cs set source=src where totid like tot || '%'; ...
or so

btw, why do you trim the primary key's? aren't they equal in both tables or not. If they are equal, compare without any truncation.

hth
Stephan

--
Mit freundlichen Gr$B|_(Ben