Re: Corporate Acceptance of Creating Views ?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 30 Oct 2001 05:18:52 -0800

"jane" <janeyiu_at_optonline.net> wrote in message news:<eQoD7.43362$C7.13166440_at_news02.optonline.net>...
> Is it true that in general corporate enviornment, the use of Views is
> discouraged ? even frowned up ?
>
> I was working with this "seasoned" developer on developing reports, I am new
> to the Oracle enviornment
> and she insisted that I should NOT use views if at all possible, preferablly
> not at all.
>
> "You should be able to get all the data you need with straight SQL...even if
> it have to go for pages !"
> "...you are creating yet another dependency...it's another object that has
> to be maintained !......"

That's sounds pretty stupid. However just my humble opinion.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.