Re: Forms: why does it suddenly start showing the wrong canvas at startup?

From: Scott Mattes <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 00:14:45 GMT

Michel,
  Am I missing something obvious to everyone else, or...

  I am using Forms 6.0.8.12.1 and I don't see record=collect in the help anywhere. Nor on Tahiti.oracle.com.

  When I put it on the Builder command line I was told ifbld60 doesn't recognize it. Forms Runtime doesn't complain about that being on the command line, but it doesn't seem to do anything either. I used Find File to search for recently created files and nothing showed up.

  Thank you.

p.s. We have found that if we replace 'commit;' with 'standard.commit;' that the problems go away, but wouldn't it be grand if we didn't have to do that?

"Michel G. Rainville" <michel.rainville_at_staff.mcgill.ca> wrote in message news:3BD89C03.302_at_staff.mcgill.ca...
> Hi!
>
> In my experience, the following have caused similar symptoms;
> use the record=collect runtime parameter to trace the form if
> the list doesn't suggest a solution. ( using Forms 6.0.5 )
>
> Good luck,
> Mike Rainville
>
> -navigating to a field on the form accidentally with Go_Item
>
> -having an incorrect canvas specified for a window object
>
> -another form using the same window name e.g. STD_WINDOW, or a
> duplicate form running with an old bug - sometime two or three similar
> forms running
> ( Windows task list will show you these after Ctrl-Alt-Delete - once -
> carefully ;)
>
> -default block, default item (first item in the block) on the canvas
> that appears
> because it wasn't set in the application properties
>
> -next block, previous block navigation not set or set incorrectly
>
> use the record=collect runtime parameter to trace the form
>
> Scott Mattes wrote:
>
> >Forms 6.0.8.12.1
> >Win98SE
> >256M RAM, 40% free resources (with outlook express open to do this post).
> >
> >I can be working just fine, making changes, adding code, running tests.
Then
> >all of a sudden when I run the form the wrong canvas shows up. It is one
of
> >the canvas on the form, but not the one specified as the start canvas.
And