Any experts here?

From: ftp <shyan_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 17:02:26 GMT

[Quoted] I have installed Oracle8i in Windows 2000. I have written a test program to connect to the database by JDBC OCI driver.
The job of my test program is to create a table, insert two records into the table, select * from the table, print the data out and then drop the table.
I find that it takes about 5 seconds to run the program. I guess that this is due to the long login time.
How can I shorten the time to login to Oracle? Where can I configure the Oracle in order to shorten the login time? I'm a beginner to installation of Oracle, please answer me step by step if possible.

Thank you very much.