Re: designer 2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:34:05 +0200

"Emilio Ladrón de Guevara Sánchez" <eladron_at_jccm.es> wrote in message news:1003909767.756623_at_proxy3...
> Dear friends, do you know which is the correct way of installing Personal
> Oracle 8i for W98 + Designer 2000 + Developer 2000 in a w98 machine ?.
I've
> tried to install Personal Oracle and Developer 2000, but I can't to run
> Designer 2000. In the conection window I put a correct username, password
> and string conection. The listener is OK, but I can't connect to the
> database. Anyone can help me ?

1 install designer in it's default home
2 install Oracle 8i in a *different* home, preferably the suggested default directory, but the name of the home needs to be different 3 take into account Designer uses sqlnet 2.3 and Oracle8i net8(i) so two different directories for tnsnames.ora/sqlnet.ora Either copy them or setup TNS_ADMIN in hklm\software\oracle

This question has been answered many times, so please try to search the newsgroups archives at http://groups.google.com before posting

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Oct 24 2001 - 10:34:05 CEST

Original text of this message