JDeveloper 3.2.3 connection to 9i database

From: TracyN <tnasset_at_questx.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:43:02 -0700

I developed a test application using JDeveloper 3.2.3. I can run it against my local 8.1.7 database with no problem.

I added another connection to attempt to run it against a 9i database. The connection properties are:

Connection type: JDBC
JDBC Driver: Oracle JDBC thin
Connection Method: Named Host

When I test the 9i connection within JDeveloper, it comes back as successful. However when I attempt to run the application I get 2 small error / Panic boxes displaying the following error:

JBO-27122: SQL error during statement preparation. Statement: SELECT Dept.DEPTNO, Dept.DNAME, Dept.LOC FROM DEPT dept

JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught:
java.lang.NullPointerException, msg=null

I'm wondering if this is a JDBC issue with the 9i, but am not sure what to do to test that theory.

Any ideas? We are running Windows 2000 Professional. I am using java v1.3.1.

Thanks for any help.

Tracy Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 23:43:02 CEST

Original text of this message