SQL*Loader conditions

From: Kevin Gao <kgao_at_iname.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2001 12:50:46 -0700

[Quoted] I want to filter out some records during the loading process based on conditions like SUBSTR(column1,12,2)='CA' or SUBSTR(column3,40,2)='-L'. SQL*Loader allows you to add condition using WHEN clause. But only simple conditions like column1 = 2 (or
>,<,!=) are allowed. Is there any workaround about this? I've tried
using CHECK constraints, it works but slow down the whole process a lot ('cause I have over 3 million records need be loaded everyday and of that 20% will be filtered out).

Thanks.

-Kevin Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 21:50:46 CEST

Original text of this message