Intermedia indexing

From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <arifsaha_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:08:33 -0500

Hi!

[Quoted] [Quoted] Do you know something about intermedia indexing on 8.1.6? I have several question to ask:

  • Apparently when the intermedia indexed field of a record changed, the record will be taken out of the intermedia index. The same search that found the record before, cannot found it anymore. Is there any way to 'turn off' this behaviour. Since most editing is small, it is better to have the record on the old index than not at all.
  • What is the difference between rebuilding index with 'sync' option and without?
  • Is there anyway to find out if a specific index need to be rebuild (a record have the field changed)?
  • I use Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux, which didn't came with Inso filter. The later version came with it, though. Can I just install the install the Inso filter without reinstalling Oracle? How?

Thank you.

--
                                   S P Arif Sahari Wibowo