Re: Oracle forms logging help Please!!!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:06:47 +0200

"Narender" <mail2narender_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:df3a90f7.0110170153.47a0e627_at_posting.google.com...
> hi friends,
>
> I am new to oracle developer 2000 forms 6i. Can we log what a user
> has done on a form into a log file. Let us say a user X has logged in
> and he added some new entries or updated them or deleted them. Can we
> log all of them into a log file. If i am not wrong the log file
> should reside at the server side rather than on the client machine.
>
> Can any one help me in providing sample code if they have in this
> regard or it will be great if you guys can tell me how to go about it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Narender

In the past there was a switch to do this, and I believe you only have to enable an option in your forms runtime session. Please consult your documentation.

The results can be quite funny, especially when the offending operator ignores any error message appearing on the screen.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Oct 17 2001 - 13:06:47 CEST

Original text of this message