Blinking cursor field in oracle forms 4.5 problem

From: ger1950 <ger1950_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:14:55 +0200

Dear Readers

We want to update our Oracle 7.3.4 databases to version 8.1.7.. While checking one of our oracle forms applications, we disovered that we had to upgrade our oracle forms release 4.5.6.5.5 to release 4.5.7.18.0 for the windows 3.11 platform.
The application forms were primarily generated with Designer 1.2 for windows 3.11. If necessary the forms where enhanced with coding within developer. Futhermore we used an early version of headstart in the generation process.

While running the application with the new new formsversion we saw a blinking of the cursor field.
This blinking does not exist or is invisible during the enter query mode or insert mode, but occurs after the execution of a query.

In the cursor field a highlighted textmarker is present and that marker blinks. This marker resembles the marker used with <CTRL>- C in windows. The textmarker has the same length as the current text in the field. The marker is invisible in an empty textfield. As soon as a character is typed in the field then marker becomes visible. At the same time the hint under in the screen is blinking with the same frequency, whether the marker is visible or not. It is nearly impossible to update a field, because through the blinking marker if is nearly imposible to insert more than 1 character in the field.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem.

Email: ger1950_at_hotmail.com Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 16:14:55 CEST

Original text of this message