HELP NEEDED WITH REF--desparate!!

From: deejay <djuravel_at_dgny.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 11:01:22 -0700

Working with Oracle8i on Solaris, I need to obtain the Ref of a record when I query the database. I need to do this via java. I think I know how to do this in PL/SQL. First of all, can someone tell me if this is the proper way to do this in PL/SQL?

SQL> declare myRef REF my_objtyp;
  2 begin
  3 select REF (x) into myRef
  4 from my_tab x
  5 where x.cod like 'dj';
  6 end;
  7 /

Secondly, How is this done in java. This is what I have so far. cstmt is a callable statement. myRef is a java.sql.Ref object.

String queryTxt = "select REF (x) into ?

                  from my_tab x where x.cod like 'dj'";
cstmt = conn.prepareCall(queryTxt);
cstmt.setRef(1,myRef);

Before I even do an executeQuery, I get this error:

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument(s) in call.

What am I doing wrong?? How should this be done?

Thank you. Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 20:01:22 CEST

Original text of this message