Restricting access in iAS9i

From: Álvaro Palma Aste <alvaro.palma_at_sage.cl>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:19:15 -0400

Hi. I´m using iAS9i and found out the next trouble:

If I put the url my_server:7777, then mod_plsql, and then Gateway Database Access Descriptor Settings, I can get the entire set of existing DAD on my machine. This is a trouble, because anybody can, from anywhere, go there and delete some DAD. My question is: how can I restrict the access to this page (exactly http://my_server:7777/pls/admin_/gateway.htm), so only a few set of IP address can reach it, and also provide a second level of security, using a user id and a password?

I read something about configuring the mod_access.c file, or the .htaccess file, but I can't find them in my installation. Besides, mod_access need to be compiled to mod_access.so in rder to work.

Thanks you very much for your answers. Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 02:19:15 CEST

Original text of this message